Site Preparation & Installation
It is important that before a tank arrives to your address that you prepare a suitable area where the tank can be installed. Basix Plastix recommends a professional tank installer or plumber should install your tank
Below we have listed some steps to consider.
For further questions contact Basix Plastix on (02) 4964 2212 or email us.
Site Preparation & Installation Guideline
- Tanks should be placed on a level bed of packing sand at least 100mm thick and retained 300mm greater in diameter to avoid undermining from water, wind or vermin.
- Site must be solid and compacted ground especially if fill is used.
- The site must be smooth and level, clear of all sticks, stones, rocks or any sharp objects that may damage the base of the tank.
- Tanks can be placed on a level concrete slab with a smooth finish (avoid rough screening). The concrete slab must be level, reinforced and thick enough with a diameter greater than the tank to support the weight of the tank when full. If in doubt, consult an engineer.
- Tank stands may be used but MUST BE designed by a consulting engineer.
- A MINIMUM of 300mm flexible pipe should be installed after the ball valve tap to minimise strain to the tank and fittings.
- Tank overflow should be plumbed away from the tank to eliminate possible erosion of the base.
- Polyethylene tanks will expand when filled. Allowance for expansion is required when plumbing work is carried out.
- Clean leaves & debris from strainer on a regular basis.
Visit our Beresfield office at 219 New England Hwy, Beresfield 2320 to learn
more about a great range of enviromental systems and Newcastle Water Tanks. Furthermore contact us today!